UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

We have an HRM Wallstar Boiler which has died (we ran out of…

Customer Question
We have an HRM...

We have an HRM Wallstar Boiler which has died (we ran out of fuel accidently) - We have got some fuel and gone to restart it but we cannot find the lockout restart button! - The manual shows it being on the front of the boiler, but it isn't there - Some comments say that it outside in the grey box,but I can't see it there either! Doh! Annoying - any ideas? It is about 2-3 years old...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About an hour

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to restart the boiler, so yes if poss

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
12/21/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
It's usually on the front of the burner, can you see the burner?
Can you upload a picture?
I know, - I have checked all the manuals and they all say that - There is a limit reset button, which i understand resets the boiler if it has overheated - but it does not do anything), but not a boiler reset button. I also went outside, removed the grey external cover and looked at the burner from that side - Nothing obviously a boiler reset button there either - All the Manuals (including the one that came with the boiler) show it as on the control panel - but as you can see - it isn't. None of the lights are also buttons...I have also looked the interior with the grey cover removed but nothing there - but it is dark so can't send you an outside photo of the back of the burner - I am sure it must be there, but could not see anything that looked like a reset button
HRM have just gone on their Christmas holidays so can't ask them! - closed from 22nd! argh!