UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

Can a toilet be placed directly onto plywood and tiled

Customer Question
around...
Can a toilet be placed directly onto plywood and tiled around
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
The reason is a new bathroom floor is being laid - tiles removed and new plywood put down. The toilet has been refitted and the fitter says that it would be slightly higher and therefore connecting to the soil pipe would not be completely level.
12/18/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Toilets are always set on top of the finish flooring (tile) NEVER on the plywood. The flange can be built up with spacers if it's too low (see attached pic)