UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have ideal isar combi boiler and the central heating will…

Customer Question
Hi i have ideal...

Hi i have ideal isar combi boiler and the central heating will not turn off even though its over 24C, thermostate set 18.5C i tried switching it off and replacing the batteries in the thermostat but still will not switch off

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has happened before but all i did was switch it off as it was the summer, but it started today when i got in from work this morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends if it is simple enough to rectify but i will call a plummer if needs be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
12/10/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Can you take the transmitter closer to the receiver?
There should be an override button on the receiver
ok i have done that, and pressed the reset button, it gone red and green light flashing, but still the Central heating is remaining on, set at 18.5c
I'm in the uk and it will not allow me to put my number in. i will just get a plumber to call to fix. Thank you
Do you have the make and model of the RF transmitter and I will help you further