UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have a heat line gizmo 24, got hot water but packs in a…

Customer Question
I have a heat...

I have a heat line gizmo 24, got hot water but packs in a few minutes after the central heating has been on, what may be the fault?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started recently this last few weeks, happens every time the central heating is switched on. Two or three minutes into the heat cycle it turns off, if I ignore the warning light and leave it, the heating comes back on a few hourd

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not a plumber but I have a good knowledge of how things work and good diagnostics skills when it comes to replacing items. If I can and it is feasible based on what may be wrong, possibly, but I need to know exactly what it is that is wrong, and hence why I am asking a plumber, you have more knowledge that I have.

Contractor's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you.

Thank you, ***** ***** your reply. Martyn

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If not feasible to repair, then an installation quote as a last resort, again based on cost.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
12/9/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Does the hot water work ok when the heating is not on?
simple answer is YES
Ok, which warning light comes on?
Already paid 13 quid for online help. I'm not paying another 20 quid to talk to someone. how stupid do you think I am. do not reply. I will get help somewhere else and chalk 13 quid up to my stupidity.