UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

My gloworm boiler's pressure go from 1.4 bar to 2.4 bar on a…

Customer Question
Hi my gloworm boiler's...

Hi my gloworm boiler's pressure go from 1.4 bar to 2.4 bar on a regular basic. I have drained water level to reduce the pressure and later the reading drops down to 0.6 bar so I top it up and then the whole thing starts again. Can you advise me

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Its' been last this for about a month and other than tha pressure readings being erratic, there has been no other problems

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We that depends on the level of difficulty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
12/8/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
You need to check the pressure in the pressure vessel. It sounds like there is not enough of a cushion.