UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

We have two Mira Showers. One four years old since

Customer Question
We have two Mira...

We have two Mira Showers . One four years old since installation has recently started to drip drip drip every couple of seconds when turned off. Been doing this for a week or two now and getting worse. Is there an easy fix? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is my first line of enquiry. aAlthough retired now, I am fairly useful with the tools so if it is a simple fix, I can turn off the water supply and work on the two twist controls.... suspect a seal somewhere has become tired.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Annoying drip-drip drip every couple of seconds... been a few days now. Previously no drips. Shower used maybe two-three times a week. I prefer a relaxing bath .. ;-)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if there is a simple fix or even parts replacement. It cannot be rocket science. Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you want an image of the unit... it is dripping from the overhead shower head

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
12/6/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Do you have the model names as there are service kits for most of Mira's showers. Either direct or from Shower Doctor;
https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/parts-accessories/shower-spare-parts
https://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares