UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

My boiler is producing fluctuating water temperature. ITs…

Customer Question
Hi, my boiler is...

Hi, my boiler is producing fluctuating water temperature

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

ITs been happening for about a fortnight. During a 15 minute shower it fluctuates about 10 times

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I'd rather someone approved did it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The boiler is located in a lean to the side of the house which is fully enclosed but can get quite cold

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
11/30/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
It could be a scaled up plate heat exchanger and the boiler is having trouble keeping the temperature constant.
Try turning down the hot water temperature on the boiler so it us not running at such a reduced flow whilst showering