UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have a question about a flexicom 30 cx. The flow tube link…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about a flexicom 30 cx

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The flow tube link burst and water was coming out i bought the new part and have fitted it and now everything seems to be working

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I need to know do i need to bleeed the radiators

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes its done already it is fixed i just have a question

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that its a flexicom 30 cx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
11/28/2017
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber

If you lost pressure then yes it would be wise to bleed the radiators to check they are still full. If no pressure was lost then all should be fine.

I fitted a new flow link tube and the pressure is now constant , but i still have a drip coming from somewhere should I use fernox do you think ?
Fernox leak sealer is a last resort.
I would urge you to find and fix the leak. Are you losing pressure
No after fitting the new flow link the pressure loss has stopped thankfully , but this other slow drip is concerning me, heat is functioning great its just this last dripping , The pressure has remained at 1.2 bar for 24 hours now . Is there any other known design flaws or problems with the Flexicom 30 CX that you have encountered in your experience
I'm presuming the drip is from the main cold water supply coming into the boiler then.
Which means no amount of leak seal will cure it.
No no inherent problems on them. Have you checked if it's from the plate heat exchanger rubbers