Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a question about a flexicom 30 cx. The flow tube link

Customer Question

I have a question about a flexicom 30 cx
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: the flow tube link burst and water was coming out i bought the new part and have fitted it and now everything seems to be working
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: i need to know do i need to bleeed the radiators
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes its done already it is fixed i just have a question
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just that its a flexicom 30 cx
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 11 months ago.

If you lost pressure then yes it would be wise to bleed the radiators to check they are still full. If no pressure was lost then all should be fine.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I fitted a new flow link tube and the pressure is now constant , but i still have a drip coming from somewhere should I use fernox do you think ?
Expert:  Brian replied 11 months ago.
Fernox leak sealer is a last resort.
I would urge you to find and fix the leak. Are you losing pressure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No after fitting the new flow link the pressure loss has stopped thankfully , but this other slow drip is concerning me, heat is functioning great its just this last dripping , The pressure has remained at 1.2 bar for 24 hours now . Is there any other known design flaws or problems with the Flexicom 30 CX that you have encountered in your experience
Expert:  Brian replied 11 months ago.
I'm presuming the drip is from the main cold water supply coming into the boiler then.
Which means no amount of leak seal will cure it.
No no inherent problems on them. Have you checked if it's from the plate heat exchanger rubbers