UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

Andrew, I got kingfisher mf rsl 100. It was working fine for…

Customer Question
Hi Andrew, I got kingfisher mf...
Hi Andrew,
I got kingfisher mf rsl 100.
It was working fine for two days (just bought the property) then suddenly stopped.
There is one 2A fuse on pcb which was blown.
I replaced it and turned back on. Fan started and ignition is clicking and green led blinks like it tries to fire up. Then after couple of clicks on the pcb it blows the fuse.
After few checks i noticed that when i disconnect gas valve plug on the bottom and the fuse doesn’t blow.
After that i realised that one of the coils (smaller) has no continuity. I just bought today another gas valve and fitted it but the problem is still the same. My question is if one of the coils blown because faulty pcb or the pcb is gone because of broken coil?
Definitely one of the coils was burned. I smelt it.
One more thing i’ve noticed is as soon as i turn boiler on with main thermostat at 0 is ok but there is 24vac delivered to large coil and 5vac to small.
Any checks to do before replacing the pcb?
Thank you,
George
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
11/26/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer

Can up check continiuty to esrth (short) on any of the coil connections?