UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I hacve a Triton AS2000xt Thermostatic power shower which is…

Customer Question
Hi I hacve a...

Hi I hacve a Triton AS2000xt Thermostatic power shower which is about 8/9 yers old. Over the last couplke of weeks, the water stops coming out of the shower head after about 2-3 minutes of showering. However, the motor keeps running but at a higher pitch. If I turnit off and then retry a little while later, the scenario repeats itself. Ok then no water but high pitched motor noise. I am just descaling th shower head and hose, just in case, but do you have any clues as to what else to do?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About 2-3 weeks. Severity is subjective as I manager to wash in the limited time available but there is obviously a problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
It sounds like the motor wearing down, but usually cheaper to swap the shower unit than the motor