UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have an ideal ff340, which was working fine till I went on…

Second opinion] Hi Pearl...

Second opinion] Hi Pearl. I have an ideal ff340, which was working fine till I went on holiday.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My mate was over and on the timer panel he switched on only the heating and not the hot water and left it on over night

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

7 days, the time I was away. I have no heating at all

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its simple enough to get it going again or else I dont mid calling out an engineer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I switched off all the rads to check if that would help to first heat the circulating water

11/17/2017
Chamberlain Maintenance
Hi, is the main boiler light in and does it try to call for heating when you turn your stat up? Have you tried switching the boiler off and back on again to reset the pcb?
Tried to reset the thing, however it's old and i can't see if the pilot is actually working and working continuously. One of the pipes which is connected to the pump did get warm last night. I left it on but opened all the flow valves. As soon as I open the flow valves that pipe goes cold again. I'm trying it now with the flow valves closed and the trv's open. Please help!
I think it might be the pilot as my gas meter hasnt ticked over even though the heating and hot water was on all night. I can't call at the moment as I'm on my way to work but I'm thinking of asking someone to come have a look at it as my cousins are over this weekend.
What do you think?
If the boiler is on and the thermostat and room stat are both up to max and the boiler is still not being called for, it will need someone to look at it if the fan is not running as it involves opening up and testing.
Chamberlain Maintenance