UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have a eogb x400. it ha stopped and knocked off the rcd.I…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a eogb x400. it ha stopped and knocked off the rcd.I have tried to reset but it always knocks of the rcd.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

0ne week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am pretty good with things like this. I thought it might be the coil or solenoid but would like a little guidence

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
I have checked for leaks and condensation and it all appears to be dry. The boiler was working fine up until what appears to be a n electrical short.
I have to go on night shift now. I will not be available until 13:00 tomorrow. I look forward to your answer then.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/16/2017
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 8 months ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber
X400 is the burner. It would be good to know what boiler it is.
Is the red lockout light coming on and is it tripping from resetting that.. If the burner is on a removable plug I would suggest you unplug it switch on the boiler and see if it still trips the rcd.
It could be solenoid coil, transformer or control box, but they usually only trip the rcd once and then permanently fail
It is a Worcester 15/19 boiler. It is a removable plug to the coil. I did take it out and the RCD tripped the same as before.
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 7 months ago
No I meant a plug to disconnect the burner. This is more likely to be a circulation pump or external controls.
If yo mean the mains to the boiler then no its not removable. Do you suggest I did-connect this to try and see if it trips the RCD
Hi. I was suggesting you unplug the burner. But yes if you can disconnect the boiler that would be good.
Ok sorry about delays. Its in the house next door so got to go in and out. will get back to you soon.
Ok did-connected the lead behind the top panel. RCD does not trip. power light is on.
Is it a combination boiler
No. I have opened the wiring cover and all looks ok. I am off on night shift so will see your response tomorrow thanks
I will opt out and open your question again. Without looking I would not like to say what part has failed.
Control box or transformer are quite high on the list.