UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

I have a question about my boiler. Just today. Only if it's

Customer Question
hi! I have a question...
hi! I have a question about my boiler
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if it's simple to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't seem to turn the central heating on on my Remeha Avanta Plus 28c boiler. The thermostat (a Honeywell DT90E non-programmable digital model) shows a flame as if it's trying to turn on the heating, but nothing happens. The boiler also has a digital timer (one of these, I think http://www.clickonbathrooms.co.uk/baxi-avanta-digital-timer-clock-two-channel-s62432-c2x12764014) but I can't find a manual for it, and no matter what I try I can't get the heating to turn on. The hot water works fine. Water pressure is about 1.8.I think this might have happened before but I can't remember how it was fixed. Can you help please?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The thermostat isn't programmable, so it only really has on/off, and it is set higher than the current room temperature, so nothing much is happening. I don't know how to check the filters.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 4 days by:
11/15/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 30 days ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Is there a light coming on on the receiver when the flame is showing on the transmitter?
Is there an override button on the receiver?
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer