UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I was called to a potterton promax FSB 30 e. keeps going out…

Customer Question
I was called to...

I was called to a potterton promax FSB 30 e. keeps going out on over heat, reset the boiler then goes for about 20 mins then cuts out again . fitted new pump . also customer says when on hot water only doesnot cut out . checked boiler flow with a clip on thermometer and cuts out at around 75, degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I think since the start of the heating as in the summer on hot water no problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have checked the condens trap for debri ok also small condens pipe from boiler seems ok.but not checked gas inlet pressure . but assume is ok

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 day by:
11/8/2017
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
It could be the thermostat out of calibration, or the same with the overheat stat.
Can you try the clip on stat near both when the heating is on?