UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I've recently bought & fitted a new toilet & vanity unit…

I've recently bought & fitted...
I've recently bought & fitted a new toilet & vanity unit cistern but the flush isn't powerful enough to remove any solids or paper, nor does the water travel right around the basin. It seems to lose its momentum before reaching the pan and simply falls into the pan from the sides without reaching the front of the pan.
I've adjusted the fill-valve so it shuts off the fill as high as it can go, increasing the capacity from 4 to 7.6 litres, but it's still not doing the job. I suspect the issue is that the water has to travel horizontally a fair distance before reaching the pan, by which time it's lost it's force. Do I need a different Cistern with more capacity ?
Answered in 2 days by:
10/11/2017
Brian
Brian, Plumber

Cisterns no longer have more capacity unfortunately the days of a 9 litre flush have long gone.

It should be capable of running around the rim of the pan. I would suspect the pan waterways may be faulty.

if you can call the suppliers or even the manafactures and just run this buy them before you try anything else.

The waterways are fine. Water does not reach the front and front sides. Could it be the water pressure? Do you think a new cistern would solve it? Are pneumatic cisterns any good?

Hi I don't think a new cistern will make the slightest bit of difference. You could try a new flush valve if you think it's not opening fully.

The pneumatic push buttons are ok it's just a means to open a valve.

Well if the waterways are not damaged or badly moulded. Then it must be the valve. Nothing else left

Brian
Brian, Plumber