UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

Ve, I have a Biasi Riva M96A. I recently replaced the faulty…

Customer Question
I have a Biasi...

I have a Biasi Riva M96A. I recently replaced the faulty 3 way diverter. Boiler worked perfectly for 3 weeks. But now the pressure drops & the hot water or heating stops & red light comes on. Then I have to reset it or up the pressure.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

A week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Boiler is 10 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 6 days by:
9/26/2017
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 10 months ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber

Pressure drop is only caused by a leak.

Take a look outside opposite the boiler you should see a copper vent pipe check this is not dripping.

If it is you will need to change the pressure relief valve attached to that pipe inside the boiler.

If not you are looking for a leak somewhere

The expansion vessel is damaged. When I pressed the pressure valve water comes out. I've order one from Amazon. Should have tomorrow. Do I just drain the system to replace it?
that's the safest way. You would be wise to buy a carton of inhibitor and put that in when you refill the system to help keep the system clean.