Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a header tank that splits into two pipes 2mm

Customer Question

I have a header tank that splits into two pipes 2mm supplying the shower pump and bath - we have changed the shower pump but only now have a trickle coming from the bath and none to the shower - I presume the shower will not run without water presure - any ideas?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: The bath has run slowly for ages but has nearly stopped running after changing the shower pump
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what the issue is?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything was working fine until the header overflow started overflowing - we have changed the ball cock today and that is fixed but cannot understand why water will not flow down from the header in 22mm pipe through a valve which is open(changed Valve) splits to bath and shower pump and only a trickle of water from bath tap
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 month ago.

Is this the cold and hot or one.

it sounds like an airlock to me and quite common try lowering the shower head to the floor to see if that gets it flowing.

if not you may have to connect a cold mains water supply to the bath tap or a hot tap and force water up the pipe for 5 or 10 seconds.

Your slow tap previous could be a sticking washer