UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

I have a sime eco fort he30 and it is flashing red on the

Customer Question
Hi I have a sime...
Hi I have a sime eco fort he30 and it is flashing red on the top led. Do you know if this is fixable
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just happened today although a few problems previously
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can but I'm not an engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Plumbing
5/12/2017
Plumber: Elliott Oxton, Plumber replied 6 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Plumber

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i have worked in the plumbing and heating industry for over 18 years. I am confident i can help you with your issue with your boiler. I'm sorry you are having this problem. It can be very frustrating but a solution can be found.

Can i ask you a couple of questions to help me start to diagnose the problem?

1. When you reset the boiler (turn it off and on) does the boiler try to light? Can you hear a clicking noise for about 10 seconds and then the red LED comes on?

2. Can you confirm the gas has not accidentally been turned off? There may be a valve under your boiler or near your gas meter.

3. Can you confirm that the pressure in the boiler is around 1 - 2 bar pressure?

4. Are there any signs leaks? There should be a white plastic pipe coming out of the boiler. This is the condensate drain. Can you make sure that this has not got blocked as it goes to the main drain or outside?

I look forward to your responses.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Good day,

How did it go looking at the points that i sent you above? Did any of them help you to get the boiler working?

Please let me know if this is still a problem and i would love to help you resolve it.

I have opened up an option for you to rate my answers so far. I would love to hear how you would rate me and any comments you have. It will help me to see how i can improve to help you and others like you in the future. Please rate me above.

After you have rated me we will still be able to chat and fix your problem together. Please let me know what the latest situation is.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you are having a good weekend.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Plumber