Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have an icos ideal heat only boiler it won't go to standby

Customer Question

I have an icos ideal heat only boiler it won't go to standby I thought it was the programmer so changed it for the same model but doesn't seem to have worked have turned all stats down to see if that does anything but all that happens is the boiler says c and led flashes which says it's calling for heat could it be a zone valve problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A week now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's a boiler prob no but I might have a go if it something else within reason
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have replaced the programmer with a direct replacement an fp715si
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

Hi yes it will most likely be an actuator that has either stuck open or is faulty.
you could have either 2 x 2 port valves or 1 x 3 port