Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

We has a power cut yesterday & since then the radiators

Customer Question

Hi there. We has a power cut yesterday & since then the radiators aren't getting warm. The central heating is switched on, the red light on the box in the kitchen is on, the flame in the boiler upstairs is lit, when we turn the hot water on it the boiler fires-up & the water gets warm. BUT no heating in the radiators. There's a small Drayton Digistat SCR Wireless Box on the wall next to the boiler - the green light glows next to "on" so its on... but there is a red flashing light next to the "ALARM" light. I've tried pressing, holding in etc the two other buttons on this box saying "override" but nothing happens. Any clues..???
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: one day. No heating so pretty severe
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I'm guessing its just some simple re-set thing on the wirless box or something as everything else seem sto be working, boiler is firing up etc
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Sorry, didn't know what you meant! No, I thnk that's about it, I'm pretty sure its something to do with the power cut as it started exactly after it came back on
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.

Can you take the thermostat off the wall and place it next to the SCR unit and see if they resync?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I can't do that, I really don't want to start unscrewing things etc in case I mess things up, I am not a DIY person at all. It's OK, we've decide to get an Engineer in - we have tried all the obvious / simple things like new batteries, re-setting the thermostat, re-setting the box etc but to no avail. It looks like there's something wrong with the system itself hence getting an expert in.