UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have an Alpha CD28C boiler. The indicator light is

Customer Question
I have an Alpha CD28C...
I have an Alpha CD28C boiler. The indicator light B is continuously switched on (i.e. not flashing). I have done the reset a few times which causes water to pump around the system including the radiators but there is no hot water and after a few seconds the B light comes back on again. The current pressure is in the normal range i.e. just above 1 bar. Do you know what the problem could be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/8/2016
Plumber: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

B Illuminated continuously - Burner has failed to light. Has maintenance bin done?

PREPARE FOR SERVICING - 1. Ensure the electrical supply is isolated and the gas supply is off. 2. Unscrew the two screws securing the control panel and lower the panel. 3. Remove the four screws securing the front case. Lift the case up and forwards to remove. 4. Disconnect the gas supply pipe union. 5. Remove the two screws securing the fan assembly to the combustion chamber front. 6. Remove the two pressure tubes, noting their positions. 7. Disconnect the electrode lead from the ignition generator and the in-line connector to the flame sensing electrode. 8. Remove the six nuts and washers securing the combustion chamber front assembly and remove the assembly.

CLEANING THE BOILER 1. Remove any deposits from heat exchanger using a suitable soft brush. Do not use a brush with metallic bristles. 2. Check the condition of the combustion chamber insulation panels. Any damaged panels must be replaced. (Refer to Component Replacement, Section 8.18). 3. Check the condition of the burner injector on the combustion chamber front assembly, carefully clean them with a soft brush if necessary. Do not use a brush with metallic bristles as this might damage the injector. 4. Remove any deposits from the heat exchanger coils. This can be done by suction or water sprayed onto the coils. Ensure all electrical components are protected from water. Any water used to clean the heat exchanger will drain to the condensate trap. 5. Unscrew and replace the injector should it appear damaged. 6. Remove the four screws securing the burner (see Fig. 29) and remove the burner. Clean the burner with a soft brush and check that the flame ports are clear. Blockages may be removed with a stiffer brush. Tap the burner, open end down, to remove any deposits from inside. 7. Check the condition of the electrodes. 9. Check the spark gap, positioning and height of the electrodes. See Fig. 30. 10. Unscrew the condensate trap drain cap to remove any deposits. Note: Before removing the cap, ensure that the water released from the trap can be contained to avoid spillage. The trap will contain no more than 200 cc of condensate water. Replace the drain cap.

This should be done a least once a year

Good luck

Please DON'T forget to rate my answer when we are all done so I can get paid for my services.

Please don't leave negative feedback, I am there to help you.

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician