UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have a grant eco external wall hung utility 15-21 boiler.

Customer Question
Hi I have a grant eco...
Hi
I have a grant eco external wall hung utility 15-21 boiler. I had run out of oil which I didn't realise until I checked. Furthermore, when I opened the boiler unit I saw there was an oily water puddle at the bottom of the casing. It is only 2 years old....do you know what this could be? Could it be because of the tank running out of oil?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
3/3/2016
Plumber: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hello, You definitely got bottom tank condensation water waste, oil line from tank will need purging and filter at the tank should be replaced.

Is bottom tank water waste condensation normal?

Yes its normal, accumulates with time but it can also rust out bottom if left to long, check date of manufacture on tank tag on top of it , replace if more than 20 Years old.