UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

We have a Baxi Combi 80e & 105e boiler. Our problem is the…

Customer Question
Hi.. My name is...

Hi.. My name is ***** ***** we have a Baxi Combi 80e & 105e boiler. Our problem is the hot water doesn't work unless the heating is on. We've had a boiler specialist out several times who also called the manufacturer and they couldn't figure it out. He ended up refunding our money saying he hadn't been able to fix it. I'm wondering if it's just time to think about getting a new boiler. Ours is around 11 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

If I turn on the taps & the heat isn't on, only cold water comes out. Not sure what details you - the boiler specialist did all sorts of test & some replacement parts to no avail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
3/1/2016
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer

Does the boiler fire when you run the hot tap and the heating is off?

It usually does the first time when using the hot water tap but if the hot water is adjusted with turning on a little cold water or is turned off than the boiler goes into a flashing red light mode and water goes cold.. hot water does not come back on unless we manually shut it off completely and restart.