UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on…

Customer Question
I am also a...

I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on this boiler, my customer has hot water but no central heating, timer/programmer is on as normal and was working yesterday then just stopped, I tried linking out the room stat and programmer which didn't make a difference, also tried manually opening the 3 port valve but boiler still only fires up for hot water? im thinking pump or 3 port not switching correctly? thanks ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am also a heating engineer but need to query a problem on this boiler, my customer has hot water but no central heating, timer/programmer is on as normal and was working yesterday then just stopped, I tried linking out the room stat and programmer which didn't make a difference, also tried manually opening the 3 port valve but boiler still only fires up for hot water? im thinking pump or 3 port not switching correctly?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
boiler is a Glow worm Ultimate 60ff
3/1/2016
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer

Sounds like the 3 port, is it opening fully when on heating only?

I have sorted the problem now as the response has taken so long to get.
It was the actuator in the 3 port!