Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

My name is ***** ***** and I am having a problem with

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and I am having a problem with Blancoeye BM5300 tap. It won't turn off. The cold water lever is stuck in the full on position.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have removed the handle by loosening the grub screw but can't see any way of removing the cartridge.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brad Neighbour replied 1 year ago.

It's a common problem trying to get the handles off on this style of tap.After taking the set screw out of the handle, you will need to wiggle the tap handle back and forth and even tap on it with a rubber mallet so you do not damage it. The taps scale up over time making it hard to get off. The cartridge is either very loose causing the water to stay on (which you will need to tighten) or you might have to replace the orings on the cartridge or replace the cartridge itself. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This model quarter turn tap has 2 handles and after loosening the grub screw the cold side handle slips off the splines easily. It is the
Valve that I cannot remove. The are no obvious flats for a spanner.

there should be a ceramic disc valve there that you can put a wrench on. Or there should be a nut that holds it in place. I need to be able to see a pic of the valve in order to see for myself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo of the tap with the hold lever removed, and be original leaflet.

#4 the shield should unscrew so you can get at the cartridge

might not be even threaded in. could just pop right off if not threaded in.