UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

My vaillant Eco tec boiler shows the light, heats hot water,

Customer Question
Hi my vaillant Eco tec...
Hi my vaillant Eco tec boiler shows the green light, heats hot water, but no central heating in any of the radiators. They are not electronically programmed - it should be on or off. Many thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 4 days by:
2/16/2016
Plumber: billyjr1961, jouneyman Heating Tech replied 1 year ago
billyjr1961
billyjr1961, jouneyman Heating Tech

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i need more information - could someone respond to my question!! I have no heating and still no answers from JustAnswer despite my bank having been debited. Please call 07765 255244
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer

Your heating has no time control and no room thermostat - is this correct. The only way you control your heating is by turning to hot water/heating on the front of the boiler?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the radiator heating fires up if I press the + and - buttons simultaneously, but only heats them for about 10 mins then they just cool down and go cold - despite the control being in the ON position. The hot water remains fine

Is the timer set to 'on'?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No timers are on - it's just on/off being used

The dial on the right is a timer for the heating.

What is it set to? Can you give me a close up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have never used the 'timer' - in 6 years- ever. I just use the main on/off when i use hot water or heat. Which is not frequent as i travel a lot and dont waste utilities! It usually just fires up when i switch it on - and then off- etc. Now the heating doesnt fire up or if i press the + and - simultaneously it heats up all the radiators fully - but curs off after about 10 minutes

Ok, got it you override it with the 'on' position.

Can you confirm the system pressure bottom right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

The pressure gauge looks really low, the boiler will not fire for heating unless over 0.6 bar.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you have any suggestions???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Are you able to fill the system up to at least 1.5bar and see how it behaves?

Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer