Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Glow worm flexicom 30cx combiboiler when we first

Customer Question

hello i have a Glow worm flexicom 30cx combiboiler when we first moved in the bath and tap water was really hot and we loved it but 9 months down the line it is really poor and only warm the heating is spot on and the radiators are fine its just the domestic water can you suggest anything?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats is it we have the domestic water temp set to 62c which is the highest we can get it yet when we first moved in it was only at 55c and a lot hotter then what we get now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is most likely to be your plate heat exchanger scaled up or very dirty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I clean this? Where is it located?
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi again here is the manual for the boiler

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/glow-worm/flexicom-cx-157167.pdf

You will need to head firstly to page 42 and have a good read through before going further.

you can clean the plate heat exchangers with Fernox DS3 if its scale or a good boiler cleaner if its sludge.

Personally i dont clean them now and will only replace as i cannot guarantee a good repair.