MattR757
MattR757, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18+ Years experience in residential and commercial HVAC service and repair
65306941

Do you know how to change the fan speed on a vaillant ecotec

Customer Question

Hi do you know how to change the fan speed on a vaillant ecotec plus combi boiler? It's ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The fan is causing a constant humming which can be heard upstairs in the bedrooms. we had a vaillant engineer come out yesterday who changed the fan speed. It is at least 50% better but I would like to tweak the fan speed to lessen the reverberations further it is a low pitched hum
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  MattR757 replied 1 year ago.

There isn't any direct setting on the Valliant to adjust the fan speed. There are settings in the engineering controls that allow you to limit the boiler load. By adjusting the load settings lower the fan operating speed should automatically adjust to match - The d0 parameter which is described as 'Adjustable heating part load in KW' is the primary engineering setting for boiler load - If, for example, d0 is currently set to 15 you could try lowering the setting to 14 or 13 to test the resulting fan speed and noise. I am not 100% sure how, procedurally, to get to the setting as I don't have a Valliant Combi to experiment with right now, but there should be install/setup instructions in the installation manuals which would guide you to the engineering menu and settings.

I suppose a second option would be to call the service back and explain the situation - They may make a return trip for free (We normally would) to make more adjustments and maybe even show you how to access the settings.