UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

Rick I have a Halstead Hero 60 (in pretty good condition).

Customer Question
Good morning Rick I have a...
Good morning Rick
I have a Halstead Hero 60 (in pretty good condition). Over a period of time I have experienced the boiler lighting for about 5 seconds and then going out. last week I changed the analogue PCB for a digital one, replacing the harness and thermistor at the same time. Great, the boiler lights and we have really hot water and radiators but..... After a variable period 15 minutes, 60 minutes0 the boiler stops and the H4 green light on the PCB stays on (the H5 lockout light does not come on). Re-setting doesn't cure the problem but after a lot of twidding eventually does. Incidentally the boiler is really hot. I have checked the APS, and venturi and the pipes seem clear. The PCB was given to me as "an opened box off the shelf" to try. Although the boiler now lights do you think that the replacement PCB is faulty or could the problem be something else?
Regards John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 4 days by:
1/28/2016
Plumber: billyjr1961, jouneyman Heating Tech replied 2 years ago
billyjr1961
billyjr1961, jouneyman Heating Tech

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".