UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

My boiler has a fault
, Performa 28 by Potterton with…

Customer Question
Hi my boiler has...

Hi my boiler has a fault

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Performa 28 by Potterton with the pump/low pressure light flashing - it was working up until Friday - I turned the central heating off and it hasn't been able to work since then

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
1/24/2016
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer

Two things;

Can you tell me the system pressure on the gauge?

Can you take the cover off to see the pump and then take the screw out of the centre and tell me if the insides are spinning?

Yep sure the pressure on the gauge is zero. I took the cover off and there doesn't appear to be anything moving in the pump but the system is now turned off.

You need to refill the system to at least 1 bar before it will work.

Do you have a silver flexible pipe attached to the copper pipework under the boiler?

Ok, a valve one end (with no handle) and a non-return valve the other. You should only need to turn the one valve on.