Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

My boiler has a fault
, Performa 28 by Potterton with

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my boiler has a fault
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Performa 28 by Potterton with the pump/low pressure light flashing - it was working up until Friday - I turned the central heating off and it hasn't been able to work since then
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Two things;

Can you tell me the system pressure on the gauge?

Can you take the cover off to see the pump and then take the screw out of the centre and tell me if the insides are spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep sure the pressure on the gauge is zero. I took the cover off and there doesn't appear to be anything moving in the pump but the system is now turned off.

You need to refill the system to at least 1 bar before it will work.

Do you have a silver flexible pipe attached to the copper pipework under the boiler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep but I can't see a valve on either end. There's one piece that looks like something screws into it and one solid piece. Any ideas on how to release? Pics attached.

Ok, a valve one end (with no handle) and a non-return valve the other. You should only need to turn the one valve on.