Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I want to know, how to adjust the pressure of worcester

Customer Question

Customer: hello, i want to know, how to adjust the pressure of worcester highflow 400, many thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the boiler stopped working itself last night, and i've noticed the pressure is blow 0.5
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, how much?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

There should be a silver flexible pipe usually under the top cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i can't see, please point it out form the picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the boiler working fine only on ground floor and first floor, still no heating on second floor bathroom, also the press still quite low.

Try under the top cover, not the front - usually near the pipework at the back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, there is no sign on the top cover, still need adjust some place underneath.

you are looking for a silver flexible pipe, there will be one or two valve on it.

Opening one or both of the valves slowly will raise the pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, my tenant will try it later on this afternoon, hopefully it will be solved.

let me know if they still can't sort it.

If so we could do with a photo under the top cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They found the silver pipe which links to a device which looks like a pumper. Not sure it is the valve you mentioned. Can you send the picture please.

It looks like this;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no hot water and heating this morning, really need you clear direction. We can't turn the pipe in any ways , may need tools? Struggle

Can you see the silver flexible pipe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, we found the sliver pipe, but nothing on / around it, give up! Arranged British gas come over tomorrow , pressure down to 0, cold and without hot water either! Thanks anyway! Sadly It doesn't work!

ok, but there should be a valve at least one end - it may only look like a screwdriver fits it?

If you can open it and refill the system it will work again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We used flat head screwdriver opens round silver part near the pipe, heard water pressure sounds but the pressure doesn't move, so has to give up. :(

ok, at least you tried - let me know if they get stuck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, hopefully £100 worth it!

Ouch!