Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Firebird c26
, The boiler seems to reignite every 8

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Firebird c26
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The boiler seems to reignite every 8 seconds. No heating of water. If I pull out the photo cell and shine a torch on it at the right moment, the fire starts inside and keeps going. There is a lot of smoke and smell of kerosene exhaust while it is burning like this, but it continues to burn. When I push the photocell back in, it starts the 8 second ignition situation. No water heating really happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radiators do not heat up. The boiler seems to attempt to relight itself every 8 seconds. There is a blue steam coming out of the flue as when it is working.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi the boiler has sooted out you will need to clean the lense of the photocell first and clean the baffles out you should be OK then. If it still smokes after you have cleaned it then back flueway could be restricted but worry about that later

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried cleaning photocell. Plumber put a block of something in to burn out soot. Loads of kerosene.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Loads of kerosene where?? if the Bottom is pooling with oil Stop using straight away you need a new solenoid Valve, personally i would change the whole pump.

A block to clean the boiler does not mean the flue gas ways are clear the plumber should also have turned the air up on the boiler to aid the burning process once its burned out he should have pulled out all the baffles and resetthe emissions using an analyser and smoke tester