Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I have a Gloworm 24cxi boiler that keeps cycling every 20

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a Gloworm 24cxi boiler that keeps cycling every 20 mins or so for about 5 mins. the CH demand is off and the temp stat is on zero. when it cycles the heat is dissipated to the radiators. Also when i place a HW demand with the CH still set to zero the CH outlet pipe become very hot in comparison the the HW outlet pipe. I ahd a similar problem recently where by the radiators were heating up when drawing off HW. i fitted a new divertor Vv kit that time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Boiler is about 8yrs old with very light use. CH system is a standard arrangement with 5 rads and one towel rail (no stat)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Could you pse advise if my query is being looked into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now found that with the CH system demand still set to zero and whilst drawing off HW the boiler trips out on fault F14 (CH flow temp <95 deg C). This is confirmed by the CH outlet pipe being very hot. I have checked the 3 thermistors (CH flow, rtn and HW flow) and all have very similar resistance at room temp of around 18 ohms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you pse advice what the delay is in acknowledging my question and follow up info?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the divertor valve is passing.

Was it replaced or rewashered with a service kit?