UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

, yes of course, ( I have a greenstar heatslave

Customer Question
Customer: Hi Brian JA: Thanks...
Customer: Hi Brian
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes of course, (I'm Andy) I have a greenstar heatslave external 12/18 and I have had some difficulty getting it running. I have checked my oil level which is fine. no lockout light on but my pressure is reading 0.5 bars I have read instructions online about how to repressurise but can't find the flexi to do it I have found a red valve that reduces the pressure but can find no way to increase it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah happy to wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2015
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 2 years ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber

Hi if you can find a small 15mm pipe coming in to the boiler follow it and there should be the start of the filling loop.

Hi Brian, I've found a pipe that has a black plastic valve on one end, There doesn't seem to be a valve on the other end though. It is already attached at both ends. Turning the black plastic valve does nothing. Can I take a few pictures and upload them? Maybe you can guide me a bit better then?

yes please do

OK. I've added a few photos.
IMG_20151212_235351.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20151212_235405.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20151212_235415.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20151212_235423.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20151212_235428.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20151212_235449.jpgIMG_201...jpg

ok on picture ending 415 a the back behind and above the flue looks like your flexi hose

its obscured slightly by the roll of copper with the green sleeve

ok, so I open the valve on each end of that pipe, until the pressure is at 1bar?

yes around 1 bar or 1.1

Ok, so done that, and the pressure has risen nicely, seems to be holding but, boiler still hasn't fired. :(
wait, i'm telling lies. It has fired. So fingers crossed it stays on. I had managed to get it to fire a couple of times this evening while the pressure was still low, it would stay on for about a minute and then shut down. Hopefully with the pressure back up now it should stay on?
No. It went back off again after about a minute...

But you say there is no lock out light on the burner?

nope. I've tried the boiler reset and flue reset buttons too but nothing.

Ok so you have 1 bar or over water pressure. you are calling for heat or hot water You left the valve that you tried earlier in the same place you found it and you definitely have no Red lock out light on the burner.

all correct. The only time I seem to have been able to get the boiler to start is when I actually draw water from the hot water tap, the boiler fires but only for a very short while (although this doesn't happen everytime, it's not working now...

Then this sounds like the diverter valve is failing when you turn the heating on and turn the dial for hot water to off can you hear the diverter motor running

not while the boiler isn't fired no. Is that the silver and black cylindrical bosch piece in picture ending 415?

Nope its picture 405 plastic box with writing on it

haha the one that says "Diverter Valve" .... Anything I can do to maybe fix it?

Yes I didnt want to insult.

on top there is a slide just try moving that across when you have heating and hot water switched on

ok so i moved it across to the left, it also went down into the box and clicked into place. both did nothing... when in its original position it is quite loose and able to jiggle about a little bit?
when i slid it across another lever on the side moved from the A position towards B

ok so its not seized. Well im sorry but I dont think there is a lot you can do without testing for power through the motorised valve. its often the motor that goes on these and it stops the valve moving. but i cant say for sure without looking and testing really.

I can opt out for now maybe someone else can help you further.

Thanks Brian, Let's hope someone else can help me. It's freezing in here!
Brian
Brian
Brian, Plumber