How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Category: UK Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 3629
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
Type Your UK Plumbing Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a boiler and when it rains I have water dripping from

Customer Question

I have a valiant boiler and when it rains I have water dripping from the boiler, coming in from the flue.
Is this fixable? As it's causing damp in the walls?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

The boiler should be sealed as the water should run down the boiler and away down the condense line.

Perhaps a service and cleaning of the condense trap would cure this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flue has two parts, the inner condenser bit that drains correctly into the boiler. This is the outer bit of the flue that drains straight back into the boiler...its rainwater in there. My plumber doesn't know how to correct or even if there is a way to correct. I had thought of a rainwater/ weather grill.Already been inspected and no issue with the condenser bit if the flue.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

ok, Worcester do a plume management kit so you can point it away from the prevailing wind, but the external air intake is still opena and flush to the wall.

The closest you can get to a cover is this;

Related UK Plumbing Questions