Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Powermax 155x floor standing combi boiler that is

Customer Question

Hi I have a Powermax 155x floor standing combi boiler that is starting to play up. I would like to fit a normal combi in its place and utilise the existing pipes where possible. The boiler and system is 11 years old and is currently running 8 small radiators , 1 bathroom , 1 small en suite shower / toilet room , and kitchen. I am hoping the boiler can be taken out and the system converted to a standard type . I am hoping the building maintenance will allow a duct exhaust pipe , and I am 2 floors up so a triple ladder will be needed ! Can you tell me is it a massive job , is it going to cost a fortune? I am hoping to buy a boiler trade for around £700 and just get someone in to fit it?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi if it hangs on the wall in the same place it shouldnt cost a fortune

But please just ask around for 2 or 3 estimates we cannot help much online as it needs to be assessed for flue arrangements and nowadays condensate waste dispersal.