Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a heatslave 20/25 boiler, has been trouble free until

Customer Question

Hi Andrew
I have a heatslave 20/25 boiler, has been trouble free until now.
It stopped firing and constantly locked out, knowing my around engines and fixed various things myself I thought I would take a look myself.
First I removed the controlu unit for inspection and the pcb in one stop was discoloured and Browning. I looked up the part and found it was the original and has been superseded so replaced it for 40 quid.
Nothing changed so carried on checking and next suspect was the coil solenoid, no reading on multi meter through unit so tested cable and got 234v of boiler trying to fire before lock out so replaced the coil.
Still no improvement I removed the burner to take it in my workshop to strip down as heating oil was starting toc on out the unit and boiler is in the house.
To cut the story short I took blower fan off the boiler and found a very dead mouse jammed between the case and fan blades, I removed it, cleaned everything with some carb cleaner rebuilt and
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

And its possible that mouse has burnt out the motor.

Is the fan running ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BrianYes, I tested the fan before refitting.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

sorry been away. expect you have it sorted now.

If you haven't we are going to need to know what the pump pressure is before carrying on replacing parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks BrianI shut off the oil using the fusible head fire safety valve and by doing so created myself a leak.If valve is open fully is leaks heavily from the valve, closing the valve until the leak stops doesn't allow enough oil through.I'm going to get local engineer out to replace valve and check it all over.I'm comfortable checking, testing and if needs be replacing electric components but appropriate the pressure is under in these boilers and do not want any leaks.Thanks for your help really appreciated but I'm up to my competence level and I'm happy that what I have done so is safe but not comfortable to continue further.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi I hope you get your problem resolved quickly.

Best wishes

Brian