Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I think I have a faulty a Wireless receiver. The wireless

Customer Question

Hi Andrew. I think I have a faulty a Wireless receiver. The wireless unit seems to work; the hot water works, but there are no LED lights showing on the wall-mounted receiver box (although it can't be completely broken because it is doing what seems to be its secondary job of passing electrical power through to the boiler. I've had the box off the wall hoping there might be an easily locatable and replaceable fuse, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks. James
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.

The boiler gets it power from the fused spur, it only gets power for the heating through that box.

Do you have the make and model of the transmitter/receiver?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It's British Gas branded, so not sure how accurate I can be, but the wall-mounted unit says WR1 "wireless system" on it and the handheld says RC2. I could send photos? Thanks

A phot would help and then I can give you a wire around to get your heat on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew. Photo attached of inside of receiver. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

So if you drop a link between 1 and 3 it will rule out a problem with the boiler, if it fires

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi AndrewYou might have exceeded my technical and bravery levels there.
Are you saying that I should connect a wire between the third and fifth screws within the wiring of the Receiver?ThanksJames
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but you can do it with the power off and then turn it on again after