Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

My name's ***** *****. I have a Riva Advance HE boiler

Customer Question

Customer: Hi,
My name's ***** *****. I have a Riva Advance HE boiler and it's not working.
I have a one second light every two seconds on the left hand LED and the pressure is just over 1.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've tried holding the reset button for 6 seconds and the 'lock out signal lamp' LED has gone red.
The LED on the left that I first mentioned is now a solid green light instead of flashing for 1 second.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure thing
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Just in case the pressure gauge is not right, can you put some more pressure in the system - can you take it up to 1.5 bar using the silver flexible pipe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried that but it doesn't do anything. The thermostat is at maximum so I'm wondering if there's a faulty connection between that and the boiler.

Perhaps the gauge is blocked?

Sounds like it may be time to get someone to strip it down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. I'll a plumber around to have a look.

No problem, come back if he can't fix it