Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Following a power cut my Glow worm 30hxi refuses to fire up

Customer Question

Following a power cut my Glow worm 30hxi refuses to fire up on commands from the control device. It will only fire up to heat the water once a tap starts running to bring it back up to temperature and then shuts down again once the tap is shut off. Any ideas?! Thanks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.

The boiler should only fire if there is a demand.

This is a heat only boiler so you have a cylinder and radiators, the room stat, cylinder stat and motorised valve fire the boiler.

When on heating only the motorised valve should be fully open (as in the lever slack)