UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

Brian, I have recently taken out a bg homecare policy

Customer Question
Hi Brian, I have recently taken...
Hi Brian,
I have recently taken out a bg homecare policy and on inspection as the existing boiler is very old, and the fan cant be replaced as obsolete , I apprantly need a new boiler. I have now had a quote which reads as follows:
330+ boiler = £879
connect boiler electrics and test = £196
install extended horizontal flue terminal = £282
not pumped, internal (x1) = 3120
Installation and location =£1636
install immersion heater DHW cylinder and connect with flex to a suitable existing electrical point located within 2 meteres of the cylinder position = £55
install cable-elec shower/new immersion heater = £121.
basically is the glowrom a decent product as they only have a 1 year warratny then you have to continue to have the homecare insurance policy?
Are the costs reasonable as the installation seems very high ?
Are the individual cost high ?
Please note it is for a top floor flat which is on the third storey.
I just want to make sure its not massively over the market rate, so your advice would be great. many thanks James
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
6/26/2015
Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 2 years ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today.
The boiler is fine about 800 with a two year warranty on gloworm
Example: https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/glow-worm-ultracom-30hxi-regular-boiler-natural-lpg-gas/
But to be honest never accept a BG quote they are usually twice the price of a good installer sometimes more.
You could have a 7 to 10 year warranty boiler for the same price probably.
Again this is only and example :
http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/vaillant-ecotec-plus-415-open-vent-boiler-and-flue#.VY1ciBsziko
Obviously its your choice but please dont think BG are the best. Those days have long gone.
Regards
Brian
Brian
Brian
Brian, Plumber