Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Boiler keeps pressurising and switching off. Also noticed the

Customer Question

Boiler keeps pressurising and switching off. Also noticed the thermostats gauge is below zero and into the pressure gauge reading. Any ideas. Thanks.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today. This sounds like either the filling loop is stuck open or the expansion vessel has lost pressure or ruptured.
try filling the boiler again via the filling loop to 1 bar. the boiler must be cold. then disconnect the filling loop. turn the boiler on and monitor the pressure if it goes high the expansion vessel needs pressurising or the bladder has ruptured inside.
Could you also let us know the make and model of the boiler
~Thanks