UK Plumbing

Plumbing Problems in the UK? Ask a Plumber Now.

UK Plumbing

I have a Glow Worm flexicom boiler which is 3 years old. The

Customer Question
central heating is working but...
I have a Glow Worm flexicom boiler which is 3 years old. The central heating is working but the hot water is not. I notice the flame symbol is not showing, what do I need to do to get hot water?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2015
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Hi my name is ***** ***** lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time.
Is it the CX or HX model?
Does it have a pressure display and 5 pipes?
18hx no pressure dusplay and less thas 5 pipes
Ok, heat only then.
Your hot water is controlled by your timer, then your cylinder thermostat and then the motorised valve.
Can we ensure the heating is on at the controller, the cylinder thermostat clicks when turned up and down and the motorised valve is fully shut (no slack)
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer