UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I have two Worcester Danesmoor boilers supporting my hot water (pressurised cylinder) and…

Customer Question
I have two Worcester Danesmoor...
I have two Worcester Danesmoor boilers supporting my hot water (pressurised cylinder) and heating system. The boilers are heating the water even though the time is off. I understand this may be a micro switch problem. Where are they located and how will I recognise one>
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
6/11/2015
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Hi my name is ***** ***** lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time.
Can you follow the pipework to the cylinder.
There will be two pipe that enter the side of the cylinder.
One half way up will have a motorised valve on it.
Tell me if the lever is slack or tight?

Is the motorised valve a Dayton Zone Activator. If so, there are two. On one of them the short black lever is tight; one the other it is loose (bear with me as I have no internet signal where the boiler is located).

With everything off, the levers should be tight.
The one with the slack lever is stuck open and is keeping your boiler running.
Try removing the head and seeing if you can free the pin underneath.

If I can free the pin, what will happen?

Why no answer to my question about freeing the pin?

If you can free the pin and it can turn loosely then the head will work again as it powers open but should spring shut.