Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

We have a rubber mixer hose with shower head attached to the

Customer Question

We have a rubber mixer hose with shower head attached to the bath taps. I turned both taps on full to fill the bath and didn't remove the shower mixer as it is a pain to get back on. The overflow pipe started pouring water and only stopped once I turned both taps off. Can you please tell me why this would have happened?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today. i think what has happened is the cold water pressure is greater than the hot and it has forced the cold water through the shower hose and up the hot tap filling the header tank so it overflowed out.
next time run the cold a lot slower than the hot or one at a time and you should be ok.