Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

2 weeks ago, plummer installed new washing machine (only connect

Customer Question

2 weeks ago, plummer installed new washing machine (only connect to cold water).
hot water valved was "sealed off" but now appears to be dripping (if I understand correctly). I tried turning red lever to each side, makes no difference and I am worried of making it worse. I have photographs showing the leak / valve, this might help explain it better. anyway interim way for me to fix it (with limited tools / knowledge)? has the plummer made an error?
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
photographs, showing leak, under sink and next to washing machine
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today. Hi get a pair of grips and tighten the cap at the end of the valve the red handle should be horizontal to the valve to switch off. if it still drips just call your plumber back to sort it. No he/she has done nothing wrong its just one of those things, I doubt he/she left it leaking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks Brian, do I tighten the valve clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi the silver cap needs to turn clockwise to tighten. Little verse for you righty tighty. Leftie loosy