Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have an ideal logic combi 24 boiler. It has suddenly gone

Customer Question

I have an ideal logic combi 24 boiler. It has suddenly gone into a fault showing L3 fault code, no flow. I've spoken to ideal and they said it was a transducer fault, I've just changed the flow transducer and it has made no difference?!? Help!!
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
When you run the boiler can you hear the pump run? Are you able to check this by removing the centre screw to confirm it is spinning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes just done that and pump is spinning. When boiler is reset it goes into L3 fault immediately after the reset countdown.
Have you had problem prior to this, perhaps intermittently?If not then it is pointing at the boiler flow switch - the boiler does not know the pump is running (even thoug you have checked that it is)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No prior problems. Would you suggest replacing the flow switch? it is it possible to link it out as a test? Or test the switch somehow? Thanks
Yes, if it is a simple two wire connection, then a link wire in the connector would rule this out