UK Plumbing

Plumbing problems in the UK? Ask a plumber now.

I HAVE AN IDEAL LOGIC 24 COMBI BOILER SHOWING FAULT CODE L1…

Customer Question
I HAVE AN IDEAL LOGIC...

I HAVE AN IDEAL LOGIC 24 COMBI BOILER SHOWING FAULT CODE L1 GETTING PRETTY COLD AND CANT FIND ANYONE TO COME OUT TO IT FOR A WEEK CAN ANY ONE ADVISE THANK YOU CHRIS AFTER TRYING TO RESET A FEW TIMES NOW SHOWING CODE F4

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2012
Plumber: gurutech67,
 replied 5 years ago
gurutech67

gurutech67 :

Chris this is Scott let me try to find a manual to see what code FD4 means, and I'll see if it's something I can talk you through OK.

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

HI SCOTT HAD THE LI CODE BEFORE BUT OK AFTER RESET THEN KEPT SHUTTING DOWN SHOWING L1 TRIED RESETTING TODAY NOW F4 IS COMING UP THANKS CHRIS

gurutech67 :

Is it possible that the f4 is actually an f9 in the manual I located the f 4 dosent exsist but perhaps I have the wrong manual, are you in possession of one, by your boiler?

gurutech67 :

When you reset and the combustion blower runs do you hear a buzzing or clicking at all?

gurutech67 :

hello have I lost you?

gurutech67 :

Chris Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

YES IM HERE

gurutech67 :

L1 is a lockout resetting results in erasing that code and initializing another cycle then coming up with a new code I had asked if during the restarting had you heard a buzzing or igniting sound?

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

TRYING TO RESET ON F4 BUZZING SOUND LI WAS OCCAISONAL RESTARTING

gurutech67 :

If it's not firing and you hear a buzzing /clicking , either the spark gap is misaligned or the gas valve is not opening , but because it ignites and goes out we'll rule out the valve, and the igniter/sensor should be removed and cleaned , how long since your last servicing of the boiler?

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

BOILER 2 YEARS OLD SERVICED APPROX 8 WEEKS AGO

gurutech67 :

Perhaps the ignitor/ sensor got out of alignment then. I would thing that is was cleaned then be sure all wire connections are tight.

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

DO YOU KNOW WHAT F4 CODE RELATES TO

gurutech67 :

I lost your last response,could you resend?

JACUSTOMER-lltnerhz- :

Do you know what f4 code relates to

gurutech67 :

F 4 code is not listed in fault code list, it goes from f3 to f5

gurutech67 :

the only code similar to f4 is an f9 which on display will look similar because of the led display. f 9 is all ignition challenges wich soungs like your challenge, however I will opt out and open question for another expert in case they have better information.

Plumber: Brian, Plumber replied 5 years ago
Brian
Brian, Plumber
Hi My name is Brian. F4 is a fault code for the flow thermister. L1 is an overheat for no flow. This could be due to low water pressure a restriction in the flow, water pump failure, or even what its states a faulty flow thermister.

hi Brian what is a thermister

Hi Chris. A thermister is a thermostatic resister you will find them on the pipes leading to and from the boiler they will have 2 wires coming from them, basically as heat rises and or falls it changes the resistance and alters the current, this is then picked up by the pcb and used accordingly.
Brian
Brian
Brian, Plumber