How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Category: UK Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 3633
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
Type Your UK Plumbing Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1 has "stuck" and is no

Customer Question

My Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1 has "stuck" and is no longer operating. It is a `two part ` device. Can I purchase an `upper part` only. How much please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. The "MA1" is the name of the actuator, you can get one quite easily and replace it by undoing the screws in the two corners.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is "the Actuator" the name of the TOP HALF of the device which is faulty ?, and is this available SEPARATELY from the bottom half of the device which is plumbed in to the three way pipework. By the way there is only one fixing screw, and it is along the LHS of the device and NOT in the corner. Therefore, are we both talking about the same device?
I will readily accept your answer if you can answer these questions.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
The new one will have two screws in opposite corners, and yes the actuator is the top half and it is available separately. It sounds quite old if it has only one screw so the head may not be separatable. Is there any way you can get attach a picture to your next response?