How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Ridley Your Own Question
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Category: UK Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 2708
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
Type Your UK Plumbing Question Here...
Rick Ridley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how does one determine size of central heating pump requir

Resolved Question:

how does one determine size of central heating pump required
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, not really a great problem if you have a standard 2, to 5 bedroom house then any standard pump will be fine Grundfoss 15/50 for the smaller house and a 15/60 for the larger, if you have a castle then it gets much more complicated and you would need a visual inspection of the whole layout pipe sizes type of rads boiler size etc, it is all about hydraulic resistance but for the average domestic property it is not necessary to get that complicated, Rick
Rick Ridley and other UK Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you